Lucy Patterson Dip ION FdSc mBANT CNHC, and Daniel O’Shaughnessy Dip ION FdSc mBANT CNHC, provide a way to enhance the health and well-being of service users through the training provision of staff members of the third sector. Qualified Nutritional Therapists trained in Functional Medicine, they hold a great depth of experience in the addiction field. Together they have created a training package to enable staff working in addiction to learn and be confident with delivering a health and well-being package to service users.
The package can be delivered in an enhanced two-day package or a standalone one-day course.
The aims and objectives of the course are to:
- Increase the knowledge and awareness of the issues relating to addiction and nutrition
- Increase the knowledge of effects upon individual’s physiology and neurology in relation to addiction and nutrition
- Understand the specific interventions that can increase engagement and outcomes
- Increase confidence in working with service users around their nutrition
- Increase competence in working with service users around their nutrition
For more information or to book a training package please visit Community Health and Wellbeing for more details.